RTAG Flight Training Scholarship sponsored by Pray Aviation
The RTAG Flight Training Scholarship sponsored by Pray Aviation will be awarded to two people in the amount of $5,000. The intent of this scholarship is to assist in funding fixed wing flight training and expenses directly related to that training for the purpose of a United States Military veteran or current Servicemember transitioning to a career as a commercial pilot. Training will be completed with Pray Aviation.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from August 1 - October 1, 2021
How to Apply:
- Obtain an aviation medical certificate (1st class required)
- Obtain a copy of your DD 214 (Discharged Veterans) or ORB/ERB (Current Servicemembers)
- Please ensure social security numbers are removed or blacked out on all supporting documents.
- Write a professional one-page résumé.
- Provide an explanation of financial need.
- Provide a detailed explanation of volunteer service outside of the military with at least one reference.
- Submit an essay with (minimum of 300 words, maximum of 500 words) detailing:
- How did you become interested in aviation?
- What was your job while in the military?
- Why do you want to be a commercial pilot?
- How do you plan to use the scholarship to fund your flight training?
- Submit your complete application with supporting documents online at the following link:
- Must be currently serving or an honorably discharged Veteran of the United States armed forces
- Must obtain an aviation medical certificate (1st class required)
- Have access to a training facility, equipment, and an instructor
- Have transportation and availability to allow flight lessons weekly (schedule to be determined based upon the student, equipment, and instructor availability)
- Applicant must submit a complete application with all supporting documents.
- The award determination will be made on the selection committee’s evaluation of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essay responses.
- All submissions will have personally identifiable information removed prior to review by the selection panel to determine the winner. The selection panel will be comprised of the RTAG Board of Directors (Erik Sabiston, Joshua Lee, Tim Kirschbaum, and Jim McClung).
- All scholarships are awarded on an individual basis as funding is available and dispersed at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Funds will be paid directly to the approved flight training facility from which the applicant intends to become certified
- Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to race, national origin, sex, or disability**
*Prior criminal history will be reviewed during the process of obtaining a medical certificate
**Disabilities preventing applicants from obtaining an aviation medical certificate will be solely determined by an Aviation Medical Examiner.